Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BIO-DIESEL ISLAND - The New Green Option...

If this campaign is meant to piss off people over a certain age, well I guess it works, well at least from a copy-writing point of view it works at pissing me off. "THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD" Fuck yeah, the world IS FUCKED! I mean Hello... But is that really going to sell more jeans? I guess that depends on your demographic, the worlds sucks, I know, lets go shopping. The worlds sucks, I think i'm gunna slash my wrists!

Thank god there were plenty of Peroni Beers, no end of great catering including the biggest (but only just) paella I have ever seen, cocktails, and security to keep the wild natives of Sydney (no problem with the Melbourne or Perth ring-ins) on track and on-message for the onslaught of Diesel Island Downunder.

Special DJ Alexandra Richards spun real vinyl, The 'Pioneers' sung the anthem of the island, now that was interesting! And by and large I had a great time and meet some lovely people too. And while doing my research, I 'discovered' like a great Pioneer myself that the fantastic photography for the campaign was shot by Guy Aroch (link below), now if I could just land myself a nice little gig like the Diesel Island campaign I might be able to afford more negativity in my life too !~)

Arrival on DIESEL ISLAND:THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD,

Alexandra Richard arrives at DIESEL ISLAND surrounded by Photographers, Sun Studio Sydney

DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Fashion Crowd at Sun Studios Sydney for DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

MAle Model Fashion Portrait at Sun Studios Sydney for DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Female Fashion Portrait at Sun Studios Sydney for DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Stylist in a Fashion Portrait at Sun Studios Sydney for DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

we prevent Attacks by being laid back! DIESEL ISLAND: THE LEAST F*****D UP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD


DieselIsland.jpg

www.guyaroch.com/
www.diesel.com/island

But then, this is fashion, we have been there before, this time its the same, same only different. A bonus tune from back-in-the-day..



No comments: