Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mark Bailey - Pattern at Chrissie Cotter Gallery.

I happened across Mark Bailey's charming show 'Pattern' this afternoon. I was out looking for boots which I found and since I was virtually going right past, decided to see what show was up at Marrickville's Chrissie Cotter gallery. Its the first time I have seen Mark's work and as the title of the show suggests there is a lot of pattern and variation on themes. Mark was kind enough to let me grab this portrait of him with the installation artwork 'The  moon and my son'.  The show is not up for long so if you want to see it you will need to get down there from Wednesday or next weekend. you can find pictures of the works in the show on Mark's website here, http://www.markbailey.com.au/. I was particularly taken with the coloured square pattern on small wooden squares series and the maple tree series as well. On until Sunday the 21st of July.. And yes they are cardboard telescopes jutting into the portrait of Mark, telescopes and phases of the moon, beautiful!

Portrait of artist Mark Bailey at his show Pattern at Chrissie Cotter Gallery

The Chrissie Cotter Gallery is located in Pidcock Street, Camperdown.

Street Fashion Sydney - shot with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 

No comments: