Monday, January 27, 2014

Fashion and French Style at Ariel Books in Paddington.

Saturday saw me giving into my desire, heading back to Ariel bookshop in Paddington and purchasing a couple of fashion books I had been thinking about all week. One is a kind-of auction house report.. of Iconic 20th Century fashion. I have never seen a book quite like it and although I have a few books on designers through the decades this volume seems a great addition to my fashion library. The other is a menswear style guide and while I am not sure I personally need much help on that front (I am sure others may not share my opinion there..) this guide to men's clothing is so well written and laid out I know I will learn a lot about the minutiae of menswear. The two books, details below, were purchased at the always wonderful Ariel bookshop; and when at the counter paying for my purchases, Vivienne insisted that I photograph our French shop assistant in Navy and White Sailor stripped dress, and classic red red lipstick; how fabulously French indeed!

Navy and White Sailor stripped dress, and classic red red lipstick; fabulously French, Ariel Bookshop Paddington Sydney; Street Fashion Sydney.

A Guys Guide to Style by Bernhard Roetzel, Pub - hf Ullmann Icons of Vintage Fashion - Definitive Designer Classics at Auction 1900-2000, By Pénélope Blanckaert and Angèle Rincheval Hernu, Pub - Abrams closed cover shot.

A Guys Guide to Style by Bernhard Roetzel, Pub - hf Ullmann Icons of Vintage Fashion - Definitive Designer Classics at Auction 1900-2000, By Pénélope Blanckaert and Angèle Rincheval Hernu, Pub - Abrams both books open shot

Ariel bookshop,
A Guys Guide to Style by Bernhard Roetzel, Pub - hf Ullmann
Icons of Vintage Fashion - Definitive Designer Classics at Auction 1900-2000, By Pénélope Blanckaert and Angèle Rincheval Hernu, Pub - Abrams.

https://www.facebook.com/StreetFashionSydney
kent@artcommunication.com.au

Street Fashion Sydney - shot with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 

No comments: