Tuesday, September 8, 2015

About Art Last Night - Keith Haring @ NAS

I bet that got your attention, Keith Haring at the National Art School. Well sort of, I mean look at this great Keith Haring print dress, or skirt and top, plimsolls, and not sure if you can make it out at this size, I mean I only saw it when I was editing the shot, a yin/yang necklace; spotted and photographed at the launch of 'Greyscale' in the new and very lovely Rayner Hoff Studio.

Keith Haring print dress, or skirt and top, plimsolls, yin/yang necklace. Street Fashion Sydney by Kent Johnson.
There was also the Honours Painting 2015 LSG show on in the stairwell gallery also at NAS, certainly one of the more enjoyable shows that I have seen in that space, well worth a look in.
Annelies Jahan, LSG, 2015, Honours Painting 2015 LSG show on in the stairwell gallery
Annelies Jahan, LSG, 2015
I don't think any joke is intended with this  site specific work but how many times do we look at something and think, "well that's a ready-made work of art right there.." brilliant! Must say I have admired these niches before, this one upstairs and the 'trap' pictured below was in the corresponding niche downstairs.
Raymond and chair, Rayner Hoff Studio, Street Fashion Sydney by Kent Johnson.
Raymond and chair, Rayner Hoff Studio.
Spring ensemble, light jacket Burberry check skirt, blue designer asymmetric knit jumper. Street Fashion Sydney by Kent Johnson.
Spring trans-seasonal style.
Matt Peet, Ackbar, 2015 - Honours Painting 2015 LSG show on in the stairwell gallery NAS.
Matt Peet, Ackbar, 2015
I think this art piece by Matt Peet must be one of the funniest and clever art works I have seen in a long time, don't take the money its a trap, the highway to art hell? For me I immediatly thought of Meret Oppenheim's teacup which was a whole career in one artwork!

Colourful floral print skirt, reflections, Street Fashion Sydney by Kent Johnson.
Portrait of Pollyxenia Joannou at GREYSCALE NAS. Street Fashion Sydney by Kent Johnson.
Portrait of Pollyxenia Joannou at GREYSCALE.
Book Street Fashion Sydney to cover your next event.
Kent Johnson, Sydney, Australia.
0433 796 863

No comments: